Does your belly feel squishier than it used to and you’re not sure what is going on with your pelvic floor? Do you occasionally leak when sneezing, laughing, or jumping? Do you have an abdominal separation (diastasis recti) and are really unsure of which exercises to do to safely repair the opening and not make it worse? If yes, then this workshop series is perfect for you!
Our Restore Your Core series is a 45 minute strength BUILDING class–incorporating some light cardio–every Sunday at 4pm. Can’t make that time frame? No problem! We will RECORD each session so that you can do it at your leisure anytime that following week. You are even encouraged to repeat each class once or twice more during the week until we meet again the following Sunday!
We start class by diving right into movement. Our 45 min class will be followed by 15 mins to ask questions about anything going on specifically with you, related to your body, injuries, specific needs, etc. These Q&A sessions will NOT be recorded. If you don’t have a question, you’re welcome to hop off the call–or stay to add your insight, share resources, or learn about something that might also be affecting you.
- A set of 2-3lb weights–or soup cans
- A single 4” or 5” yoga block (foam is best)
- A six or eight foot long yoga strap or super long and lightweight scarf
- A yoga mat
- A chair or sofa to use for stability in balancing poses or large movement
What we will address:
- Safe and progressive strengthening of the abdominals, focusing on the deeper layers for postural integrity, and proper alignment, as well as the superficial layer (the recti) which may have a separation from being pushed apart during pregnancy. Both slight and larger separations will be addressed during this class, and we can discuss modifications specific for you in the Q&A.
- Integrative strengthening of the muscles that support and surround the pelvis and pelvic floor. These stabilizer muscles will help you to regain proper pelvic floor function – improving your healing, increasing muscle tone, improving continence, and increasing pleasure during sexual activity.
- Entire body conditioning, stretching, and strengthening—as we move through the entire range of motion.
Sundays 4-4:45 pm on Zoom
2 Week Bundle May 16 and 30
$34/non-members, $17/members using code “50percentoff”. Must be an active member to receive discount. We hope you’ll consider becoming a member! Members receive 50% off of most of our specialty series. “Choose your amount” memberships are as low as $14/week and include access to all of our online postnatal yoga and barre classes plus recorded content library. See more about memberships here.