Childbirth Education, Breastfeeding, & Newborn Care Classes
Our online birth classes provide evidence-based birth and postpartum information while prioritizing small group conversations and plenty of community building. Classes are currently being offered online using Zoom, so you can prepare for your birth safely in the comfort of your own home while still creating community with other pregnant families. We’ve gotten great feedback about our online birth classes from participants and local doctors/midwives. We hope you will join us!
Weekend and Weeknight Options
Our Childbirth Classes have all of the components of a traditional birth class, with a strong added focus on comfort measures for labor. We believe that understanding how to connect to our body, breathing and mind in labor, as well as understanding the birth process and potential medical interventions, sets laboring people up with the tools needed to make informed decisions about the birth that is right for them. Our classes are unbiased and educate toward all types of birth choices.
Our birth classes include:
- Lining baby up for a straightforward birth (optimal fetal positioning)
- Anatomy and physiology of birth
- Stages and phases of labor, including the power of pushing
- Connection to breath in all stages of labor, massage, relaxation
- Techniques and tools for support person throughout labor and birth
- Birth options including unmedicated, medicated, and cesarean birth
- Common interventions and how to navigate them with knowledge
- Postpartum care
- Video and photography tour of UVMMC labor/delivery and postpartum units
$195 for up to 2 participants. Please have an inflated 65 or 75 cm exercise ball with you for class, if possible.
Upcoming Dates: Weekends
Fridays 6-8:45 pm, Saturdays 9 am-3:30/4 pm
- October 16 & 17
- December 4 & 5
- January 8 & 9
- February 5 & 6
- March 5 & 6
- April 9 & 10
- May 7, 8
To register, scroll forward on the Punchpass calendar to the month you are looking for, and click the Friday night class in the series.
Upcoming Dates: Weeknights
Monday Evenings, 6-8:45 pm
- November 2, 9, 16
- November 30, December 7, 14
- January 4, 11, 19 (a Tuesday)
- February 1, 8, 15
- March 1, 8, 15
- March 29, April 5, 12
- May 3, 10, 17
To register, scroll forward on the Punchpass calendar to the month you are looking for, and click the first night of the 3 part series..