Childbirth Education, Breastfeeding, & Newborn Care Classes
Our online birth classes provide evidence-based birth and postpartum information while prioritizing small group conversations and plenty of community building. We hope you will join us!
Weekend and Weeknight Options
Our Childbirth Classes have all of the components of a traditional birth class, with a strong added focus on comfort measures for labor and partner support. Our classes are unbiased and educate toward all types of birth choices. Please have a 65cm yoga ball with you for class, if possible.
Our birth classes include:
- Lining baby up for a straightforward birth (optimal fetal positioning)
- Anatomy and physiology of birth
- Stages and phases of labor, including pushing
- Connection to breath in all stages of labor, massage, relaxation
- Techniques and tools for support person throughout labor and birth
- Birth options including unmedicated, medicated, and cesarean birth
- Common interventions and how to navigate them with knowledge
- Postpartum care
- Video and photography tour of UVMMC labor/delivery and postpartum units
Evolution PFYC is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. People of any race, ethnicity, relationship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity are welcome, and we work to reflect that pillar in the language we use and the classes we teach. We are always looking for feedback about how we could do this better.
As a part of our ongoing anti-racist efforts, we offer a 30% Reparations Discount for black, indigenous or people of color. We recognize that the United States is built on centuries of racial injustice and that systemic racism still rages around us. If you would like to accept this discount, please add the code “REPARATIONS” at checkout to receive 30% off.
Fridays 6-8:45 pm, Saturdays 9 am-3:30/4 pm
- February 5 & 6
- March 5 & 6
- April 9 & 10
- May 7, 8
- June 4, 5
- July 16, 17
- August 20, 21
To register, scroll forward on the Punchpass calendar to the month you are looking for, and click the Friday night class in the series.
2 Day Intensive (Mon/Tues), 6-9 pm
- February 15, 16
- March 22, 23
- April 12, 13
- May 10, 11
To register, scroll forward on the Punchpass calendar to the month you are looking for, and click the first night of the series..