Welcome to our Prenatal Community!
We are so glad you've found us! We believe in prenatal yoga because it's the perfect way to SAFELY move, stretch and strengthen our pregnant bodies while building beautiful connections to our babies (and to your new mama friends!)
Have you heard that we have studios in Burlington AND Essex Junction? Our packages work in both studios, so there are lots of options for coming to class.
Here's a basic check list for new students:
- Choose your first class by checking out our schedules. Remember, we have two locations so if MindBody online defaults to only one location, be sure to "change location" to see the other schedule.
- Payment: The best deals are our First Time 10 Class Pass ($120) which must be purchased before or at your first class, or our Monthly Unlimited ($90/month with a three month minimum.) We also have single class rates ($17.) If you have a free coupon from your provider, then you don't need to register online beforehand, just come with coupon in hand to whichever class you'd like.
- Register for birth classes. It's best to sign up early (at least 10 weeks before you take your class is best if you don't want to worry about them being full, and we recommend taking classes 6-8 weeks before your due date.) Here are our current schedules for Childbirth Education Weekend or Weeknight Classes, Newborn Care, Breastfeeding, Couples Labor Support Refresher, and Sibling Preparation.
BURLINGTON Prenatal Schedule
Sun 10:15-11:30 am (end time changes to 11:15 in September) | Mon 5:45-6:45 pm strength training | Tues 4:15-5:15 pm | Wed 5:45-6:45 pm | Thur 12:30-1:30 pm | Fri 8:15-9:15 am | Sat 11:30 am-12:30 pm
ESSEX Prenatal Schedule
Tues 6-7 pm | Wed 12:30-1:30 pm | Sat 8:15-9:15 am
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the best time to start?
- Do I need prior experience?
- What should I wear/bring?
- What should I expect?
- Do you host baby showers?
- What are the benefits of prenatal yoga?
Many people begin prenatal yoga in their early 2nd trimester, although there really isn’t a “right” or “wrong” time. Starting prenatal yoga early in your pregnancy allows for more time to prepare for the birth you envision and can keep you more comfortable physically as your body grows the baby.
Total beginners are welcome in prenatal yoga. Many people come to class having never stepped foot into a yoga studio before.
We offer many modifications to make the class gentle if you are looking for a more relaxing class, and likewise offer ways to increase the physicality of the practice if you have more yoga experience or are interested in deeper stretching and strengthening.
You should wear any clothing that is comfortable - leggings and a fitted tank or t-shirt that doesn’t flop around as you move is best.
You can bring a yoga mat with you, although we have them at the studio for you to borrow. Bring a water bottle, we have filtered water available.
We begin class with a short opportunity to check in as a community, where students are able to share how their pregnancy has been going and how they are feeling, as well as ask questions. This introduction time is also used for sharing birth stories from students who had been attending class.
The opening check-in is followed by a one hour yoga practice. Our prenatal yoga classes are a combination of flowing movements for stamina and sustained holds to build strength, flexibility and mental focus. We incorporate many hands-and-knees poses and stretches which encourage the baby to settle into an optimal position for birth, and wind down class with relaxation.
Yes! We offer space rentals at $75/hour. Or, have you considered a Blessingway Ceremony as an alternative to a traditional baby shower?
A Blessingway Ceremony is a sacred celebration of the pregnant person, surrounded by close community of friends and family, which supports and empowers them as they prepare for the challenges of parenthood. Different than a traditional baby shower, which tends to focus more on the baby and gift-giving, a blessingway focuses on giving the new parent emotional support, nourishment through community and love, and empowerment for the birth and transition beyond.
Blessingway celebrations at Evolution are 2 ½ hours long, with a 1 hour ceremony as well as plenty of time for guests to mingle, eat, and enjoy the spirit of community. The standard rate for a blessingway at Evolution is $300 (please inquire about adding henna body art for an additional cost)
For questions or to book your blessingway, email email@example.com.
A consistent prenatal yoga practice of stretching, strengthening and breathing helps parents-to-be get in touch with a deeper sense of relaxation and connection to the baby, while increasing stamina and flexibility. Our classes are supportive of all birth choices and are not assuming that everyone is planning a vaginal birth. We are a safe space that welcomes all people, and our teachers are trained to use inclusive language so that we all feel at home.
In addition to giving you tools to better manage stress, our prenatal yoga classes can alleviate many of the discomforts of pregnancy such as nausea, constipation, swelling, sciatica, and back and hip pain. We hope you will join us to reconnect with your body’s innate wisdom, bond with your unborn baby, and meet our welcoming community.