Our weekend Childbirth Education Class has all of the components of a traditional birth class for hospital birth, with a strong added focus on movement, breath and mindfulness. We believe that understanding how to connect to our body, breath and mind in labor, as well as understanding the birth process and potential medical interventions, sets laboring couples up with the tools needed to make informed decisions when necessary and to open to the mystery of birth with confidence.
Our weekend course includes:
- The “how” and “why” of using movement in labor
- Lining baby up for a straightforward birth
- Anatomy and physiology of birth
- Stages and phases of labor, including the power of pushing
- Connection to breath in all stages of labor
- Massage and relaxation techniques to reduce fear and invite release
- Support person’s role throughout labor and birth
- Birth options including unmedicated, medicated, and cesarean birth
- Common interventions and how to navigate them with knowledge
- Postpartum care
- Tour of The University of Vermont Medical Center labor/delivery and postpartum units
Fridays 6-8:45 pm at the studio, and Saturdays 9-11:30 am (tour of UVM Medical Center) followed by 12:45-4:45 pm at the studio.
Please bring with you an inflated 65 or 75 cm birth ball.
$195 for two adults
Please note, classes fill quickly. To guarantee placement, we recommend registering for class before you are 20 weeks, and plan on completing the class by your 36th week. Click on the registration link to find out if the class you are interested in still has availability.
Burlington Upcoming Dates
- December 14 & 15
- January 11 & 12
- February 15 & 16
- March 15 & 16
- April 26 & 27
- May 17 & 18
Essex Upcoming Dates
- December 7 & 8
- January 4 & 5
- February 1 & 2
- March 1 & 2
- March 29 & 30
- May 3 & 4