Finding it too hard to fit in a full weekend for a Childbirth Class? Evolution Prenatal & Family Yoga Center’s 1 Day Intensive Course includes all of the major components of our weekend class in an abbreviated style – and on a weekday! Our hands-on Childbirth Education Courses are an opportunity for you and your partner to experience and practice together how to navigate the labyrinth of birth physically and emotionally.
Our 1 Day Intensive Class includes:
- A tour of the UVM Medical Center’s Labor/Delivery and Postpartum units.
- The “how” and “why” of using movement in labor
- Helping baby find the best position for birth in the weeks leading up to labor
- Anatomy and physiology of birth
- Stages and phases of labor, including the power of pushing
- Connection to breath in all stages of labor
- Support person’s role throughout labor and birth
- Birth options including unmedicated, medicated, and cesarean birth
- Common interventions and how to navigate them with presence
Please pack a lunch and any snacks you may want for the day.
Wednesdays 8:45 am-12 pm (UVM Medical Center – meet by the couches in the main lobby) + 12:45-4 pm (Evolution Prenatal Center in Burlington, 20 Kilburn Street)
$225 for two adults
Burlington Upcoming Dates
- August 8
- October 10